Going, going, gone!

Yesterday I lost out on one of the most beautiful pieces of hotel silver/china I've ever seen. This Hotel Ritz, Paris teapot fetched $560 on eBay. My bid just wasn't high enough!

You may already know that I collect and sell hotel silver. I have similar pieces to this in my collection (from US hotels), but have never seen a combination of Christofle silver and a very rare china manufacturer, the Sarreguemines Co., that was located in France.

Interesting...the cobalt blue china insert portion of the teapot is turned to the left side and was intentionally designed that way to accommodate pouring with use of the right hand.

This piece dates to 1919 or 1920. Beautiful elaborate crest Hotel Ritz crest on the front and insanely beautiful craftsmanship. Divine...

Okay, so I didn't win, but my, oh my, isn't it beautiful?

images from here, uniondepothotel

Comments

Carrie said…
That blue! Swoon! Better luck next time :)

Popular Posts