Forever Young

Ever feel not-so-fabulous after forty or fifty? Well, thanks to stumbling upon the blog Advanced Style, I'm feeling better than ever!

Thirty-year-old photographer Ari Seth Cohen roams the streets of New York City looking for stylish older women and gentleman to photograph.

How cool is Ari?
We love him.

woman in Milan, Italy

I'm mesmerized by these ladies who fearlessly embrace themselves. I could really use some style tips from them. It just goes to show that you can be fabulous at any age!

Who do you think is the most stylish in the above photo?


How about Ruth? She is 99 years old...amazing, huh?

And accessories? Bring them on!


And I was afraid that I was too old to sport lavender nail polish? These woman have no fear and look fab!


"I photograph whoever catches my eye each day, and am always on the look out for great style and great stories." -Ari Seth Cohen

If you want to see more of Ari's inspiring photography and hear his stories, visit his blog, Advanced Style.

Also, Ari's book, Advanced Style will be coming out next year. You can pre-order it here.

After seeing these lovely ladies, I have a whole new outlook on life. Just proves that every cloud can have a silver-haired lining!

Comments

My Grama's Soul said…
Oh boy....did I ever LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. As a woman of 65...I truly believe women come into their own at an advanced age...i really do!!! (O:

xo

Jo
Beth said…
The nice thing about being older (I'm in my 50's) is that I really don't care anymore about others' opinions. I feel free to express myself more now than ever before. This blog is great -- I've been following it for awhile. Out of the photos here, the look I like the best is photo #8, the woman on the right with the black hat and all the bangles.
lisa golightly said…
LOVE Advanced Style !!! Like you said, they embrace who they are. THAT is most attractive thing in any person ! It's all UP hill from here, right ?! Miss you ... Xo Lisa
bootsocksmom said…
These women are so beautiful. Now I am understanding the need to be me when I express myself with jewelry and clothes, the more I sparkle, the happier I am.
VALERIE said…
'and when I am an old woman I shall wear purple'! I think these beautiful ladies are the embodiment of that sentiment!

Popular Posts